Me & My Business
Doug Thomas Communications is a one-person freelance copywriting business launched in 2002 and based in Oceanside, Calif.
Leading up to DTC, I worked in several related capacities including:
- Resume writing business
- Typist/document formatter
- Newspaper reporter including four years as a freelancer at the now-defunct North (San Diego) County Times, during which I contributed approximately 350 feature stories
- Newspaper columnist for a newspaper in New Mexico and another in Colorado
- News writer/broadcaster for a local radio station in New Mexico
Before I began actually making money with writing, I wrote eight novels – four finished, none published (yet) – and a lot of humorous material including websites, plays, parodies and jokes. I play the guitar and have written more than 500 songs (lyrics and music) from my teen years to present day.
I have never farmed out any writing assignments to other writers and never will. Since 2002 I’ve worked with a wide variety of web and ad agencies, private businesses and entrepreneurs as well as a few nonprofits and municipalities.
I was born in California and have lived for five years or more in Azusa, Covina, and Oceanside, Calif.; Concord, N.H.; Lake Whitney, Texas; and Raton, N.M.
(760) 231-5258 email@example.com